Saratoga Dermatology and Medical Spa
54 Seward Street
Saratoga Springs, New York 12866
tel: (518) 581-2860
fax: (518) 581-7358
Monday–Thursday: 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m.–2 p.m.
People from the Saratoga Springs area including Schenectady and Albany visit us for noninvasive med spa services to address concerns about their skin’s texture and tone and early signs of aging. Others simply want to indulge in a relaxing facial to enhance their skin’s natural glow.
Our Menu of Services
The comprehensive range of med spa services offered at Saratoga Dermatology includes the treatments listed here, in addition to procedures such as laser hair removal, laser skin rejuvenation, BOTOX® Cosmetic injections, and dermal fillers.
These professional-grade superficial peels can diminish the appearance of wrinkles and produce smoother, glowing skin. SkinMedica peels offered at our practice address mild to moderate skin imperfections and can be customized to produce the desired results.
Jean Buhac, M.D.
Dr. Buhac has served the Saratoga Springs area as a board-certified dermatologist since 1998. In that time, she has treated tens of thousands of patients and developed an uncommon level of clinical expertise. Her multidisciplinary approach to skin wellness includes the latest options in both medical and cosmetic dermatology.
Chemical peels vary in strength, with superficial peels being the most commonly used. Many of our patients schedule superficial peels monthly to maintain the refreshed appearance they want. Medium and deep peels are more aggressive and typically require recovery that can last from a few days to weeks. The peels offered at Saratoga Dermatology include:
- Enzyme peel: We can treat patients of all skin types with enzyme peels, which we recommend for teenagers and adults with active acne.
- Glycolic acid peel: These peels vary in strength and can treat early signs of aging, such as fine lines and wrinkles and age spots. A glycolic acid peel removes the top layer of dead skin cells, stimulating the production of collagen and elastin to create tighter, smoother skin.
- Salicylic acid peel: We can also use this peel as an acne treatment. Patients typically experience flaking and peeling for about 2 days after the peel and you will need to protect the skin from the sun.
Our customized facials can improve your complexion and address specific skin concerns, or just be an indulgence that leaves you feeling refreshed and relaxed. Our standard facial includes a skincare consultation and lasts 90 minutes.
Specialized facials include:
- Facial combined with microdermabrasion or a glycolic acid peel
- Men’s facial
- Back facial
- Facial customized for patients with acne
Facials can be an essential part of your overall skincare program that keeps your skin looking healthy and youthful.
Our esthetic specialists perform waxing on all parts of the body where you have unwanted hair, including eyebrows, the upper lip, legs, arms, the bikini area, and underarms. We also offer laser hair removal for patients who want permanent hair reduction.
We invite you to visit our Saratoga Springs med spa and learn more about the services offered. Request a consultation using the online form, or call our office at (518) 581-2860 to schedule an appointment.
Healthy skin is beautiful skin. Dr. Buhac is a highly trained dermatologist who can diagnose and treat a range of skin conditions.Learn More
Skin Cancer & Mohs Surgery
Dr. Jennifer Smith specializes in the prevention, detection, and treatment of skin cancer, including advanced Mohs micrographic surgery.Learn More