Saratoga Dermatology and Medical Spa
54 Seward Street
Saratoga Springs, New York 12866
tel: (518) 581-2860
fax: (518) 581-7358
Monday–Thursday: 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m.–2 p.m.
Fillers Before-and-After Photos
Photos courtesy of Allergan. Your results may differ.
How Fillers Work
Even though dermal fillers and neuromodulators such as BOTOX® Cosmetic are both injectable treatments, the way they reduce signs of facial aging is different. The primary ingredient of most fillers is hyaluronic acid—a natural substance that hydrates skin from within. Aging skin loses its ability to retain moisture and hyaluronic acid-based fillers replenish it, restoring volume and giving the skin a smoother and more youthful appearance.
JUVÉDERM and Restylane are 2 of the most effective families of filler, especially when administered by a specialist such as Dr. Buhac, whose artistic eye and meticulous technique ensure the results will look natural. Dr. Buhac listens to the concerns you have about your appearance and recommends a conservative approach that can still produce the desired results, without looking “overdone.”
Our Menu of Fillers
Just a few years ago, only a handful of fillers were available to address a range of concerns. Now, certain fillers target specific areas, such as the cheeks or lips. Virtually all fillers are pre-mixed with lidocaine, a local anesthetic to help minimize patient discomfort during the injections. The JUVÉDERM and Restylane families of products are similar, but some patients get better results with one or the other. Dr. Buhac offers multiple fillers, including:
- Ultra Plus XC: This uses a thicker gel than its companion filler, JUVÉDERM Ultra. Ultra Plus is an excellent option for correcting deep nasolabial folds and fine lines around the mouth. It sculpts and contours the face.
- VOLUMA® XC: This is the first FDA-approved filler formulated specifically to correct age-related volume loss in the cheeks. Injected into deeper layers of the skin than other fillers, VOLUMA improves the flattened or hollow appearance that some people experience in the mid-face area. The results can last up to 24 months.
- VOLLURE™ XC: A more recent addition to the JUVÉDERM product line, VOLLURE is the first filler approved by the FDA for the correction of moderate to severe wrinkles and folds that produces results that last up to 18 months.
- VOLBELLA® XC: One of the most recent innovations for nonsurgical lip augmentation, VOLBELLA injections are popular with clients from Albany and Saratoga Springs, NY, who want a more sensuous-looking pout and to minimize the fine lines that frame the mouth.
- Lyft®: This VOLUMA alternative is also approved to give the mid-face a “lifted” appearance without surgery.
- Silk®: Some patients prefer this smoother gel for lip augmentation, compared to VOLBELLA.
- Refyne® & Defyne®: Working together, these 2 fillers smooth the fine lines and deeper wrinkles around the mouth.
Jean Buhac, M.D.
Dr. Buhac has served the Saratoga Springs area as a board-certified dermatologist since 1998. In that time, she has treated tens of thousands of patients and developed an uncommon level of clinical expertise. Her multidisciplinary approach to skin wellness includes the latest options in both medical and cosmetic dermatology.
What to Expect
Your filler treatment will take only a few minutes, depending on the number of injections and whether you choose to have other procedures performed during the same appointment. It’s fairly common to combine fillers with BOTOX injections to create a comprehensive facial rejuvenation.
Most patients return to their normal daily activities following their appointments. There may be some redness, swelling, or bruising at the injection site in the first few hours following the procedure. Over-the-counter pain relievers work well to manage any discomfort you may feel.
Most patients see results almost immediately following the injection of hyaluronic acid-based fillers. Typically, patients see continued improvement during the first couple of weeks. Depending on the filler or fillers used, the results can last from 6 months to 2 years. Scheduling touch-up treatments can extend the results.
Dr. Buhac is one of the leading providers of dermal fillers in upper New York, including Albany, and patients travel to our practice for this and many other cosmetic dermatology treatments. If you’re considering fillers or other aesthetic procedures, request a consultation using the online form to meet with Dr. Buhac. Or call our office at (518) 581-2860 to schedule an appointment.
Healthy skin is beautiful skin. Dr. Buhac is a highly trained dermatologist who can diagnose and treat a range of skin conditions.Learn More
Skin Cancer & Mohs Surgery
Dr. Jennifer Smith specializes in the prevention, detection, and treatment of skin cancer, including advanced Mohs micrographic surgery.Learn More